Question: Can I publish a private episode that will not appear in Apple Podcasts or any of the major directories, but I can still share it to other places such as on Patreon?
Episodes marked as 'Public' will be included in your RSS feed and visible on your site and in embed players.
Episodes marked a 'Private' will not be included in your RSS feed and will not be visible on your site or in embed players.
You can share private episodes using the share menu options and take advantage of the Simplecast publishing tools, the embed players, Recast and most importantly, you still get analytics for private episodes.
How To Publish a Private Episode:
- Click 'New Episode'
- Upload Audio File & Fill in All Sections
- Scroll to 'Episode Details'
- In 'Episode Privacy', click the tab labeled 'Private (Hide from RSS)
- Click 'Save Draft' and proceed to Publish & Schedule Screen.
Note: You can change a previously published episode from Public to Private at any time by going to 'Episodes' and clicking on episode thumbnail. Select 'Edit Details' and change from Public to Private (Hide from RSS). Save Changes.
How To Share a Private Episode:
- Click 'Episodes' in Menu Bar
- Click Episode Thumbnail labeled 'Private' (use Filters to sort all Private episodes).
- Choose sharing method option in panel labeled 'Episode Promotion'
4. EMBED SHORT LINK
Use this link to share private episode where you choose. It will automatically embed a player in Patreon, WordPress and most websites.
5. WEB PLAYERS & RECAST
Customize the embed players or generate 'Recast' to share audiograms.
6. SHARING LINKS
Social media sharing links or directly download the MP3 file to share via email, etc.
* * *
Still have questions? we'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking the bottom right icon on this page.