How To Get Your Podcast on Spotify & Update Your RSS Feed
To submit your show to Spotify, you'll need:
- Your show's RSS feed URL
- Access to the email account that's listed as the owner email in your show's RSS feed
- Create an account on Spotify For Podcasters (or login to an existing account if adding another show to Spotify)
- In a web browser, go to https://podcasters.spotify.com
- Click the ‘Get Startedʼ Button
- Enter the RSS Feed for your podcast
- Click ‘Nextʼ in the lower right corner.
2. Click ‘Send Codeʼ to send an 8-digit code to the email address that's listed in the show's RSS feed. In Simplecast, you can find or change this email address in your Show Settings page. Click Next.
3. Check your email account for the Spotify Code. Copy and paste the 8-digit code from the email into the verification box on the website, then click Next.
4. Select ‘Your Countryʼ, ‘Primary Languageʼ, and ‘Primary Categoryʼ from the drop-down menu.
5. Click the + Add Category to add more categories and sub-categories. Click ‘Nextʼ in the lower-right corner.
6. Review information in ‘Does Everything Look OK? If yes, click ‘Submitʼ in the lower-right corner.
7. That's it, you're in!
8. Click ‘See Statsʼ to go to the Dashboard and view your Spotify for Podcasters' analytics (you will also get Spotify analytics in your Simplecast dashboard).
How To Check & Update Your RSS Feed on Spotify
Did you move your show from another podcast hosting platform?
If you still see your old RSS Feed, you will want to replace it with your new Simplecast RSS Feed.
Are your episodes published on Simplecast not updating on Spotify?
Check the RSS Feed on Spotify for Podcasters to make sure that your Simplecast RSS Feed is listed.
Spotify Support/Feed Issues. If your Simplecast RSS Feed is showing and your latest episodes are in all of the other directories as expected, contact Spotify support at:
- Login to Spotify for Podcasters
- Click on 'Catalog' in the top menu
- Click on your show listing
- Click on 'Details' to view RSS Feed
- Click on 'Update' if you need to change the feed listed
Q: How long does it take to get listed on Spotify?
- It typically takes a couple of hours for your podcast to be reviewed and submitted.
- Once logged into your account, you will be able to view your Spotify show and setting through this portal.
Q: How To access your show's Spotify Dashboard (after signing up)
- Open your web browser, visit https://podcasters.spotify.com/
- Click ‘Log Inʼ.
- Enter Email & Password.
- Click on your podcast cover art.
Q: Are my Spotify analytics included in my Simplecast dashboard?
- Spotify recently enabled analytics pass-through for all Simplecast shows, so you should now see your download data from Spotify included in your show's analytics in your Simplecast dashboard.
Q: Does Spotify for Podcasters also have analytics for my show?
- The Spotify for Podcasters dashboard also has analytics specific to the Spotify dashboard, but Spotify is not currently IAB Certified, so the IAB Certified analytics in your Simplecast dashboard have passed through IAB Filtering and will likely be lower compared to the data you see in the Spotify dashboard.
Q: My show has been in Spotify for awhile. Will I only see the most recent data?
- Spotify only began sending current analytics data for shows starting around August 23rd, 2019. If your show was submitted to Spotify before then, or if you only recently claimed your show in their web portal, you won't see the historical analytics data in your Simplecast account.
* * *
Feed Issues on Spotify?
If your podcast is not updating correctly on Spotify, you'll need to contact their helpful support team.
ℹ️ Did You Know?
Spotify allows you to share your podcast directly into your Instagram Stories! Watch this short tutorial to learn how:
You might also like:
- How to Publish Your Podcast on the Popular Podcast Apps
- Simplecast Analytics Overview
- How to Update Your Show's RSS Feed in Spotify
* * *
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can chat with someone from our team by clicking on the message icon down on the right. What is Simplecast?