What are Episode Types?
- Apple introduced three new episode types in iOS 11 (Full, Trailer, Bonus).
- Episode types are displayed in your RSS Feed as: <itunes:episodeType>.
- Episode types allow you to create unique content for your show and add to your listener's experience (see descriptions below).
- For each episode you publish, you must choose an Episode Type. The default is Full.
How To Assign an Episode Type
- When adding or editing a new episode, go to 'Episode Type'
- Select 'Full', 'Trailer' or ;'Bonus'.
Episode Types Descriptions
Full (Default): Choose 'Full' when publishing regular content for your show. Full Episodes will have an episode number and are the most common type of episodes.
Trailer (Teaser): Choose 'Trailer' when publishing a short, promotional piece of content that represents a preview of your show. Trailer episodes will be listed at the beginning of your episodes and will not have an episode number. Publishing a trailer episode is a great way to generate buzz for a new show and a good episode type to publish when launching a new show.
Bonus (Extra Content): Choose 'Bonus' when publishing extra content for your show (e.g., behind the scenes content, corrections, shout-outs, etc). Bonus episodes will not have an episode number and will be presented in order of publishing date.
To Learn More about Apple Podcasts Connect RSS Tags:
* * *
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking on the chat icon down there on the right.