We've made the process for transferring your podcast to Simplecast as frictionless as possible. Blog Talk Radio does not offer a standard 301 redirect and for this reason, you'll need to take some additional steps to move over and keep your listeners.
1. From your dashboard, select IMPORT EXISTING SHOW.
If you don’t see this option it’s because you already have a podcast on Simplecast. You can locate and select Create New Show from the dropdown menu on the top left corner of your Simplecast account.
2. Type in the name of your podcast and select it from the results. You also have the option to paste in your RSS URL in the field.
3. Confirm that you have the right to import the show by checking the box: Yes, this is my podcast and/or I have the right to import it.
4. Then select IMPORT. The import process is now underway.
In the Episodes page from your Simplecast dashboard, you'll see episodes being imported. A confirmation email will be sent to you once the import is complete.
If you have a large number of episodes to import, the process may take some time, but you'll start seeing episodes and other information showing up in your Simplecast dashboard soon. Grab some coffee or tea and by the time you get back everything should be ready to go. Hit refresh in your browser after a few minutes and you should see all of your episodes.
Complete The Move
Once you've completed the import your podcast onto Simplecast, you'll need to contact Blog Talk Radio's support team and let them know you need a 301 redirect on your RSS. They will need the following details:
- Your Blogtalkradio URL or Host ID.
- Your new Simplecast RSS feed.
⚠️IMPORTANT: We recommend leaving your Blog Talk Radio account active for at least 30 days to ensure the move is complete.
The redirect will update all locations your podcast was listed in (such as Apple Podcasts) for you. Timing varies.
Manually Update Your RSS URL
For extra measure and to speed up the redirect process, you can update your RSS feed URL for the following podcast directories:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play Music
- Spotify - you will have to email them here with your new Simplecast RSS URL.
- Google Podcasts - just enabled your Simplecast website and within a few days your podcast will be listed on Google Podcasts!
* * *
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking the bottom right icon on this page.