Troubleshooting why your custom domain is not working:
- Is the 'Enable Custom Domain' box checked in 'Website Settings & Design'?
- Did you enter your custom domain name in Step 2 in 'Website Settings & Design' and press 'Save'?
- Are the DNS Settings configured correctly at your domain registrar? (You need to add 3 A-Records & 1 CNAME for 'www')
site.simplecast.com (value/points to)
- Delete any additional A-Records (you should only have 3 total). It is okay if you have additional CNAME Records or AAA Records, but you should only have 3 A-Records.
- Remove any domain redirects on your custom domain name
- Using CloudFlare? Click on the orange clouds to disable any security features. Press Disable & Save when prompted.
- Depending on your DNS provider's TTL (Time To Live), there may be a delay of up to 24 hours for the change. Most DNS providers will allow you to lower this TTL window.
Simplecast Dashboard: Site Settings & Design
Simplecast DNS Settings
- Click on the orange clouds to disable security features
- Click 'Disable'
- Click Save
If you still have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us through our live chat system.