Once you have your show notes and audio file ready, it's easy to publish a new podcast episode with Simplecast.
- Log in to your account
- Click Episodes in the left panel of your admin dashboard
- Click the "Add a new episode" button in the top left of your screen
- Enter the title and show notes and any other information required (I recommend copy and pasting from a text document so you don't accidentally lose any of your work)
- Choose when you'd like the episode to be published (you can set this date/time to be in the future if you'd like to save the episode as a draft)
- (Optional) Upload your episode specific artwork
- Upload your audio file (if you're not sure what kind of audio file you need, click here)
- Click Save Episode (this will publish the episode at the date/time you specified, if you selected the current time or a time in the past, it will go live as soon as it's finished processing)
That's it! If you've already submitted your podcast RSS feed URL to Apple Podcasts or Google Play, your episode will go out to your subscribers shortly (usually within minutes, but occasionally it can take a little longer, up to 24 hours).
If you haven't submitted your podcast to Apple Podcasts yet, follow the instructions in this article.
If you'd like to see my workflow for creating new episodes for Dribbble's Overtime podcast, watch this short video:
* * *
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking the chat icon in the bottom-right side of this page.