You may be wondering how to get your show into the various podcast directories or apps like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, Stitcher, and so on.
The simple explanation is that most directories and apps will monitor the RSS feed that Simplecast provides and updates for your show after you submit your RSS feed URL to those directories.
Whenever you publish a new episode in Simplecast, the directory or app will see that a new episode has been added to your feed, and they will display that episode and notify anyone who has subscribed to your show that a new episode is available for download or streaming.
All you need to do is make sure that you have:
- Filled out all the information about your podcast inside the Podcast Settings page of your Simplecast dashboard.
- At least one published episode in order for your feed to be approved.
- Provide the directories (such as Apple Podcasts or Spotify) with your show's RSS feed URL.
Must-Submit Podcast Directories
Here are the most popular places to submit a podcast RSS feed (or where you can go if you need to update your existing podcast's RSS feed URL):
- Apple Podcasts - To submit a new show, click here. If your show is already in Apple Podcasts and you'd like to provide them with a new, different RSS feed, you'll need to copy your new RSS feed URL and log in to Podcasts Connect. Click on the podcast you'd like to update, then enter in your new RSS feed.
- Google Podcasts - If you're using Simplecast, we've got you covered with our Simplecast Sites! Click here for more information.
- Spotify - To submit your show to Spotify, you will first need to log into Spotify's Podcasters Portal. We recommend creating a new account for your podcast(s) versus linking to a personal account. It will take a couple of hours for your podcast to be reviewed and submitted.
- Overcast - Overcast can find your RSS feed automatically as long as it's in Apple Podcasts.
- Stitcher - If you need to sign up for a new account, click here. If you need to update your podcast's RSS feed, you have to contact support.
- TuneIn - To add a brand new show, click here. To update an existing RSS feed, fill out their Submit Your Podcast form and enter your program ID (click here for instructions on how to find your ID) in the "Comment" field, and the TuneIn support team will update it accordingly.
- iHeart Radio - Please use this form to submit your show(s) to iHeart Radio.
- Deezer - To submit your show to Deezer, click here.
- Pocket Casts- To submit your show to Pocket Casts, click here.
Q: How do I find my Simplecast RSS Feed URL?
A: You can find it in the Sharing page in your Simplecast dashboard.
Q: What about Soundcloud?
A: SoundCloud is a hosting platform that does not pull information about episodes from an RSS feed the same way that the other podcast directories do. If you find value in publishing to SoundCloud, you'll need to manage a hosting account with them and also upload new episodes there manually.
Q: What about my own website (WordPress, Squarespace, and other CMS platforms)?
A: Websites do not operate like podcast directories. They will not list your episodes and episodes notes as blog posts. Our embed players make it easy to share your episodes on your own website.
Q: How long does it take to get my podcast approved?
A: Approval times vary with every directory. Review their documentation or contact the podcast directory's support team for more information on approval timeframes.
Q: Will I have to submit my podcast every time I publish a new episode?
A: No. Once your show is approved you control the entire show here from your Simplecast account. That includes publishing new episodes and making any edits to the show or episode details (audio files too).
* * *
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our support team by clicking on the chat icon down on the right. What is Simplecast?