Just a quick note: Apple has rebranded iTunes Podcasts as Apple Podcasts, so for the rest of this article, I'll refer to Apple's podcast directory as Apple Podcasts instead of iTunes.
Apple Podcasts is by far the largest directory of podcasts and getting your podcast into it is fairly easy.
1. Log into your Simplecast account, then head to the "Podcast Settings" view in your dashboard.
2. Add a detailed description, keywords, choose 3 categories that describe your podcast, and upload a high-quality image to act as your podcast's cover art.
You can read more about Apple's requirements over at the Podcasts Connect FAQ page.
3. Visit this link to go to the Apple Podcasts submission page.
This will take you to Apple's Podcasts Connect login page, where you'll be asked to sign in using your Apple ID. If you don't already have an Apple ID, you'll need to create one. After you log in, you should see a "+" icon in the top-left corner of the screen. Click that.
4. Go back to your Simplecast dashboard and click on the Sharing view.
If your account is not in trial mode, you'll see your podcast's RSS Feed URL (it will look like https://rss.simplecast.com/podcasts/451894/rss).
★ Note: If you're still using Simplecast in Trial mode, you'll need to add your debit/credit card information before your RSS feed will be enabled. You'll also need to have at least one episode uploaded and published.
5. Copy your RSS feed URL and then paste it into the form over on Podcasts Connect.
Click the verify button, and if Apple says the feed is valid, click submit.
That's it! Your podcast should now go live on Apple Podcasts sometime in the next 24 hours. Note that you may have to wait up to 48 hours for your podcast to be reviewed, but you should be notified via email when your podcast is accepted, or if there are any problems that need to be resolved.
★ Apple does an excellent job of keeping their Podcast Connect articles and tutorials up to date. Podcast Connect's entire knowledgebase can be found right here.
* * *
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking the chat icon in the bottom-right corner of this page.