You may be wondering how to get your show into the various podcast directories or apps like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, Stitcher, and so on.
The simple explanation is that most directories and apps will monitor the RSS feed that Simplecast provides and updates for your show after you submit your RSS feed URL to those directories.
Whenever you publish a new episode in Simplecast, the directory or app will see that a new episode has been added to your feed, and they will display that episode and notify anyone who has subscribed to your show that a new episode is available for download or streaming.
All you need to do is make sure that you've filled out all the information about your podcast inside the Podcast Settings page of your Simplecast dashboard, and then provide the directories (such as Apple Podcasts or Spotify) with your show's RSS feed URL. You'll also need to have at least one published episode before your feed will be approved.
Here are the some of the most popular places to submit a podcast RSS feed to (or where you can go if you need to update your existing podcast's RSS feed URL):
- Apple Podcasts - To submit a new show, click here. If your show is already in Apple Podcasts and you'd like to provide them with a new, different RSS feed, you'll need to copy your new RSS feed URL and log in to Podcasts Connect. Click on the podcast you'd like to update, then enter in your new RSS feed.
- Google Play - To submit a new podcast, click here and click the 'Publish' button. To update your existing podcast's RSS feed, you'll need to log in using the link above, click on the settings icon, select Help & Support, and email support.
- Spotify - To submit your show to Spotify, you will first need to log into Spotify's Podcasters Portal. We recommend creating a new account for your podcast(s) versus linking to a personal account. It will take a couple of hours for your podcast to be reviewed and submitted.
- Overcast - Overcast can find your RSS feed automatically as long as it's in Apple Podcasts.
- Stitcher - If you need to sign up for a new account, click here. If you need to update your podcast's RSS feed, you have to contact support.
- TuneIn - To add a brand new show, click here. To update an existing RSS feed, fill out their Submit Your Podcast form and enter your program ID (click here for instructions on how to find your ID) in the "Comment" field, and the TuneIn support team will update it accordingly.
- iHeart Radio - Please use this form to submit your show(s) to iHeart Radio.
- Deezer - To submit your show to Deezer, click here.
Q: What about Soundcloud?
A: SoundCloud is a hosting platform that does not pull information about episodes from an RSS feed the same way that the other podcast directories do. If you find value in publishing to SoundCloud, you'll need to manage a hosting account with them and also upload new episodes there manually.
Q: How do I find my Simplecast RSS Feed URL?
A: You can find it in the Sharing page in your Simplecast dashboard.
* * *
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking on the chat icon down there on the right. What is Simplecast?