How To Activate Your RSS Feed on Simplecast
Once you have your show set up on Simplecast, you'll need to enter your credit/debit card information to activate your show's RSS feed so you can begin sharing your podcast with the world.
ℹ️ You will not be billed until the end of your 14-day free trial account.
- Click on the profile picture in the upper-right corner of your Simplecast dashboard.
- Click Billing & Subscription page to enter in your billing information
- Scroll down until you see Payment Method, then enter in your credit or debit card information to activate your show's RSS feed. (Simplecast accepts major credit and debit cards).
• • •
Q: What is an RSS feed, and why do I need one for my podcast?
Your show's RSS feed is a text document that contains all of the information about your podcast.
Every podcast has a unique RSS feed and it is the backbone of your podcast. It is how your listeners subscribe to your show and is what you use to submit your podcast to Apple and the other podcast directories and apps.
RSS feed URLs look like any hyperlink, but if you click it, you will see code similar to a website. The code can be read and used by podcast directories and apps like Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, and many others.
• • •
Q: How do I get my podcast into Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and the other podcast apps?
- You need an RSS Feed
- You need to enter all of your show information thoroughly
- You need at least one published episode in your RSS Feed
To get your podcast into Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and the other podcast apps, you'll just need to submit your show's RSS feed URL to these directories/apps.
Once they review and approve your feed, they'll start checking it automatically for updates and new episodes.
We have links for how to submit your show to the major podcast directories/apps available here: How to Publish Your Podcast on the Popular Podcast Apps.
• • •
Q: Where do I find my show's RSS feed URL in Simplecast?
Once billing information has been entered and saved for your account, and you've got at least one published episode, you'll find your show's RSS feed URL in the Distribution Settings page from the drop-down menu in the top-left side of your dashboard.
• • •
Here are some additional articles you might be interested in:
- How to Share and Embed Your Podcast and Episodes
- How to Invite Team Members to Your Show
- How to Promote Your Episodes Using Recast
• • •
Still have questions? We're happy to help. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking on the chat icon down there on the right.