Moving Your Show To Simplecast
It's easy to import your existing show into Simplecast, and you won't lose any of your subscribers. Follow the steps below, and feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions.
1. Start a free trial, then select Import Existing Show
- After you click the Import Existing Show Button, you'll have the option search for your show, or paste in your show's existing RSS feed URL.
- You'll need to click a box to confirm that you are the owner of the show and/or you have the right to import it to Simplecast.
- Next, check the email account that's listed as the owner email address in your current RSS feed. You should see a verification email with a link in it.
- Click the verification link to start the import.
Can't find your show's RSS feed? You can search for it here.
Once you've started the import, our system will make a copy of your show in Simplecast. This won't affect your original show setup or hosting at all.
• • •
2. Add a 301 redirect to your old RSS feed
Once your show has been copied into your new Simplecast account, the next step is to create a 301 redirect on your old RSS feed URL.
Important: Adding a 301 redirect to your old feed URL should only be done when you're ready to leave your current host for Simplecast. If you are just testing Simplecast to see how you like it, wait to set up that 301 redirect until you're sure you want to use Simplecast for hosting your show.
- The 301 redirect is a change of address for your podcast and is required to keep your current subscribers.
- The 301 redirect will permanently forward any visitors to your old RSS feed URL over to your new Simplecast RSS feed URL.
- The process for adding a 301 redirect to a feed URL is a little different for each podcast host, but your previous host should be able to assist you either via support or a tutorial.
In most cases all you need to do is paste your show's new Simplecast RSS feed URL into the 301 redirect field in your previous hosting platform. However some hosts may require you send an email to their support team.
301 Redirect help articles if you're moving your show from:
Note: You may see a recommendation that you add a <iTunes-new-feed> tag to your show's RSS feed after you move hosts. Simplecast automatically takes care of that when you import the show.
• • •
3. Update the Podcast Directories
After your show has imported successfully, you should update the podcast directories to ensure they are using your show's new Simplecast RSS feed instead of the previous feed.
We have a list of links and instructions for how to update the podcast directories here.
• • •
Here are some other helpful articles you might like to check out:
- Publishing a New Episode in Simplecast
- How to Share and Embed Your Podcast Episodes
How to Invite Team Members to Your Show
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking on the chat icon down there on the right.