Q: Does Simplecast have a Wordpress Embed Short-code Plugin?
The Simplecast Short-code plugin will enable you to embed the Simplecast Standard Web Player on Wordpress.org (self-hosted) & WordPress VIP Go (enterprise hosting) websites.
- If you have a self-hosted (Wordpress.org) website, you can download the free Simplecast short-code plugin which will enable you to use the Embed Short Link to embed the Standard Web Player on pages or posts.
- To install the Simplecast WordPress short code plugin on Wordpress.org website, visit https://github.com/simplecastapps/wordpress-plugin and download the simplecast.zip file.
- Login to your Wordpress.org website and upload the Simplecast.zip file plug-in, and activate the plugin.
- Once you have installed and activated the plugin, you’ll be able to add the short code to any of your site’s content (pages/posts, etc).
- The short code looks like this:
[simplecast-embed src="copy/paste Embed Short Link here"]
Embed Short Link for Episodes:
****** Note: Use the iFrame embed code for the Mini & Show Player ******
Learn more about embed players:
How to Share and Embed Your Podcast Episodes
Q: Does Simplecast have a Wordpress plugin for publishing from Simplecast to Wordpress?
Not at this time.
- There is a free, third-party plugin called Simcast that will allow you to publish episodes to your WordPress site: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simcast/.
- Simplecast is not affiliated with the Simcast plugin and does not provide support for the plugin.
- Please contact the developer with questions or support issues with Simcast.
Q: Is there another way to publish episodes on my WordPress website if I don't want to use the Simcast plugin?
Yes! It is a manual process, but it is pretty easy!
- The best way to publish new episodes on your Simplecast is to add a new blog post and copy/paste your episode notes into the post.
- Paste the iFrame embed code in the 'Text Editor' for each episode or use if you have the Simplecast short-code plugin installed, you can paste in the Short Embed Link to embed the Standard Player.
- This will allow visitors to your site to listen and share your podcast directly from your WordPress website.
Here are some other helpful articles to check out:
- How to Share and Embed Your Podcast Episodes
- Simplecast Embeds + WordPress Sites = Magic
- How to Build a Perfect Podcast Website
- Absolutely Everything You Need To Start Your Podcast.
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking on the chat icon down there on the right.