Simplecast’s embeddable audio web players makes it easy for you to share your episodes on your current website, social media accounts or blog (i.e. Medium).
Standard Simplecast Audio Player
This web player is available on all Simplecast Plans and is mobile-friendly and responsive so it will adapt to site where it is embedded.
- Click Play to listen to audio
- Click 1x to change playback speed
- Click in Waveform to create a Recast
- Click Share to copy embed link and share to social media channels
- Click Subscribe to visit podcast directories
Mini Simplecast Audio Player
📌The Simplecast Mini Player is available on the Essential Plan and higher and is a good option for sharing private episodes as the Mini Player does not have Share & Subscribe buttons by default and it is also great for placing under show artwork.
Simplecast Show Player
The Show Player is available on the Essential Plan and higher and it displays all published episodes in your RSS Feed. The Show Player is dynamic in that it updates automatically wherever the player is embedded when new episodes are published (or deleted). There is a landscape (horizontal) and portrait (vertical) option for the Show Player.
Show Player Portrait Mode
• • •
Locating The Web Players
- Episode Promotion Page You can find the embed code and sharing links for your episodes in the by clicking on 'Episodes' in the top navigation menu and then clicking on any episode card.
- Simplecast Website. Click on any episode and look for 'Embed' in the left sidebar
• • •
How To Share On Social Media
If you’d like to share your episode to social media such as Twitter or Medium, copy and paste the EMBED SHORT LINK.
To have the audio play at a specific location in the episode, select Start At and input a timestamp in the box to the right of it. Then select COPY and paste it onto your social post.
• • •
How To Add A Web Player To Your Website
For Wordpress.org, Squarespace, Wix and other sites: Customize the web player and then copy the iFrame Embed Code in your website pages or posts.
Note: You can use the Embed Short Link if your site supports it or if you have the Simplecast Wordpress Short-code Plugin enabled.
- For Wordpress.com sites: Copy the Embed Short Link and paste the Standard Web Player in your pages or posts.
EMBED SHORT LINK:
WEB PLAYER iFRAME EMBED CODES:
It's best to use Squarespace's </> Code block instead of their embed block to embed your podcast episode on your website.
• • •
How To Customize The Simplecast Web Players
You can customize all Simplecast Web Players when using the iFrame Embed Code
- Web Player Type: Standard, Mini, Show
Theme: Select Light or Dark
Depending on the theme you select, the episode information legibility changes. Here are a couple of suggestions:
- For bright colored backgrounds select the LIGHT theme.
- For dark colored backgrounds select the DARK theme.
3. Custom Color
- Click the CUSTOM COLOR slider to on
- .Then click the color box next to the hex color code (example: #FDF380) to expand color customization.
- Add your hex color or discover a color by sliding through the hues.
- Bonus: you can save your color by clicking on the + sign.
Additional Web Player Embed Features:
- Beautiful, responsive design (looks great at all sizes, that includes mobile devices)
- Easy access to sharing links for your listeners
- 4 playback speed options
- 15 seconds forward or rewind
- Subscribe buttons to your distribution channels (RSS and podcast directories)
How To Hide Share & Subscribe Buttons on Web Players
Modify the iFrame embed code to remove share and subscribe buttons
- The Share & Subscribe buttons can be removed from the Simplecast Standard Web Players by adding a snippet of code (&hide_share=true) to the iFrame Embed Code at the end of the URL, just before the closing parentheses (").
- The iFrame embed code can be used to embed the Simplecast Web Players on Wordpress, Squarespace, Wix and other websites.
- The iFrame Embed Code can be found in the 'Episodes' Promotion pages or on episode pages on your Simplecast website.
Step 1: Copy the iFrame Embed Code for Standard Web Player
Embed Code for Simplecast Standard Web Player (default iFrame code)
<iframe height="200px" width="100%" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" seamless src="https://player.simplecast.com/0d75cbd8-adc8-4c7d-9f91-4ace448ff66f?dark=false&hide_share=true"></iframe>
Step 2: Add Snippet of Code to iFrame Embed Code:
Embed Code for Simplecast Standard Web Player (Hidden Share/Subscribe Options)
• • •
Embed Player FAQ
Are analytics tracked from the embed players?
A: Yes. All plays from your Simplecast embed players are tracked and added to your analytics. Learn more about Web Player Analytics
Are the analytics from my web players IAB compliant?
A: If you use Simplecast's web players, then they are IAB compliant. If you are using a custom audio player, you will need to follow these guidelines to ensure that your analytics are compliant.
Why don't these embed players work on Facebook or LinkedIn?
A: These two platforms don't allow podcast audio players to function on their feeds. We will keep an eye out if or when they make this available.
We want to use our own design players, will plays still be counted in our Simplecast analytics?
If you use your Simplecast Direct MP3 Download Link, yes, analytics will be collected from that player.
* * *
Here are some other helpful articles you might like to check out next:
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them! You can start a live chat with someone from our support team by clicking on the chat icon down there on the right.