Need to move your show from Simplecast?
We are sad to see you go, but we understand things happen. Rest assured, we make it very easy for you to set your 'new-feed-url,' ( allowing for redirects to a new RSS feed). This is done with a 301 redirect so that podcast apps and directories like Apple Podcasts automatically make the switch to your new feed and you won't lose your subscribers.
⚠️Warning: The 301 Redirect should be one of the last steps in moving your show. Once you create the 301 Redirect, your Simplecast RSS Feed will no longer be active and new episodes published in your Simplecast dashboard will not update the directories. You will publish new episodes from your new RSS Feed location once the redirect has been set and saved.
→If you have any questions, please ask first.
How To Create a 301 Redirect on Simplecast:
- Log in to your Simplecast dashboard
- Click drop-down menu in the upper left and select 'Show Distribution'
- Scroll to the very bottom and click on arrow to expand 'Advanced Settings'
- Locate the RSS Feed Redirect field.
- Paste your new RSS feed URL to properly redirect to your new podcast host.
- Press Save in the upper right corner of your dashboard.
Do 301 Redirects Expire?
Redirects stay in place permanently after closing a Simplecast account.
- Will Apple Podcasts Remove My Show if I Delete My Simplecast Account?
- How to Delete or Cancel Your Show/Podcast
* * *
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them! You can start a live chat with someone from our support team by clicking on the chat icon down on the bottom-right.