In this article:
- Publishing Private Episodes
- How To Publish a Private Episode
- How To Share a Private Episode
- How To Hide Share & Subscribe Buttons on Simplecast Web Players
Publishing Private Episodes:
- Episodes marked as 'Private' will not be included in your RSS feed
- Episodes marked as 'Private' will not be listed on your Simplecast website
- Episodes marked as 'Private' will not be submitted to podcast directories (Apple Podcasts, Spotify, etc
- Private episodes can be shared using the share menu options
- Private episodes will be receive analytics data
- Private episodes can be shared using Recast (For more information on Recast, click here)
- Private episodes can be shared using the social embed link or iFrame embed player code.
- Simplecast Mini Web Players do not have share & subscribe options by default.
- Share & Subscribe options are disabled on the Simplecast Standard Web Player for private episodes.
How To Publish a Private Episode:
- Click the 'Add Episode' button in the top-right of your dashboard.
- Upload Audio File & Fill in All Sections.
- Scroll to 'Additional Options'.
- In 'Episode Privacy', click on toggle button so it turns green (This will hide the episode from your RSS feed, Simplecast site & all directories)
- Click 'Save Draft' and proceed to Publish & Schedule Screen.
Note: You can change a previously published episode from Public to Private at any time by going to 'Episodes' and clicking on episode thumbnail. Select 'Edit Details' and toggle-off Episode Privacy. (When public, the episode will get added to RSS Feed, Simplecast site, and will update in all directories).
How To Share a Private Episode:
- Click 'Episodes' in Menu Bar to view all episodes
- Click Episode Thumbnail labeled 'Private' and then click 'Edit' or,
- Click on the Quick Edit Menu (3 dots...) in the lower right corner of episode card
- Click 'Details & Sharing'
- Copy sharing link (see below for more descriptions).
4. EMBED SHORT LINK
Use this link to share private episode where you choose. It will automatically embed a player in Patreon, WordPress and most websites. (Note: sharing options will be removed from the Simplecast web players when sharing private episodes).
5. WEB PLAYERS & RECAST
Customize the embed players or generate 'Recast' to share snippets of episodes.
(Note: sharing options will be removed from the Simplecast web players when sharing private episodes).For more information on Recast, click here
- Click the Web Player button for the iFrame embed code to Standard, Mini, & Show Players. For more information on embed players, click here
Click the Recast Button to generate a Recast to share on social channels and sites. For more information on Recast, click here
6. SHARING LINKS
Social media sharing links for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or directly download the MP3 file to share via text message, email, etc.
How To Hide Share & Subscribe Buttons on Web Players
- The Share & Subscribe buttons can be removed from the Simplecast Standard Web Players by adding a snippet of code (&hide_share=true) to the iFrame Embed Code at the end of the URL, just before the closing parentheses (").
Embed Code for Simplecast Standard Web Player (default iFrame code)
<iframe height="200px" width="100%" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" seamless src="https://player.simplecast.com/0d75cbd8-adc8-4c7d-9f91-4ace448ff66f?dark=false&hide_share=true"></iframe>
Step 2: Add Snippet of Code to iFrame Embed Code:
* * *
Still have questions? we'd be happy to answer them. You can start a live chat with someone from our team by clicking the bottom right icon on this page.