We’ve made the process of moving your podcast from Anchor to Simplecast as easy as possible. Just follow the steps below.
1. Create or log into your Simplecast account.
2. Start importing your existing podcast.
3. From your dashboard, select IMPORT EXISTING SHOW.
If you don’t see this option it’s because you already have a podcast on Simplecast. You can locate and select Create New Show from the dropdown menu on the top left corner of your Simplecast account.
4. Type in the name of your podcast and select it from the results. You also have the option to paste in your RSS URL* in the field.
5. Confirm that you have the right to import the show by checking the box: Yes, this is my podcast and/or I have the right to import it.
6. Then select IMPORT. The import process is now underway.
In the Episodes page from your Simplecast dashboard, you'll see episodes being imported. A confirmation email will be sent to you once the import is complete.
If you have a large number of episodes to import, the process may take some time, but you'll start seeing episodes and other information showing up in your Simplecast dashboard soon. Grab some coffee or tea and by the time you get back everything should be ready to go. Hit refresh in your browser after a few minutes and you should see all of your episodes.
Is the confirmation email going to an @Anchor.fm email address? No problem. All you need to do is add your email address to your Anchor RSS Feed and then re-import the show.
Instructions on how to change the default email address in your Anchor Feed:
7. Confirm that your show imported correctly
Go to your show's Podcast Settings page in Simplecast and make sure the information imported is correct. This is also a great time to make any updates if you like or add any information that's missing. If you make any updates, be sure to select Save Changes before you leave the page.
8. Activate your new RSS feed
Head over to Account Settings and complete your billing information by entering your credit or debit card information. Note: You will not be charged until your 14-day trial expires.
Once you've entered your billing information, you can now head over to the Sharing page where you'll find your show's new RSS feed URL. You’ll need to copy this RSS feed URL for the next step.
9. Complete podcast transfer from Anchor to Simplecast
To complete the move, you’ll need to send an email to Anchor requesting that they create a 301 redirect to point your old Anchor feed to your new Simplecast feed.
Send the following information in an email to Anchor <email@example.com> (filling in the blanks):
Subject: Please Redirect My RSS Feed to Simplecast
Please initiate a 301 redirect from Anchor to Simplecast, as well as other listening app directories managed by Anchor. Here are the details you need:
* New Simplecast RSS URL: ______
* Name of my show: ______
* Email address tied to my Anchor account:______
If you need anything else from me, please let me know.*
Best,*Important note: If Anchor submitted your show to podcast directories for you (Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, etc.), you’ll need to ask for the account information tied to your show on those platforms. This is important for making sure your podcast is working correctly and publishing your new episodes going forward.
9. Update Apple Podcasts and any other directories with your new RSS URL.
Once you’ve received an email from Anchor confirming they have created a 301 redirect and provided you with your podcast’s account information for the podcast directories, login to Apple Podcasts and any other directories to replace your Anchor RSS URL with your new Simplecast RSS URL (from your Sharing page). This will ensure all your subscribers get updated when you publish new episodes to Simplecast.
That's it! You're all done. Your show should now be live and available for streaming or downloading.
Q: How do I find my Anchor RSS URL?
- Login to your Anchor account from a browser.
- Go here after logging in: https://anchor.fm/dashboard/podcast/edit
- Scroll down and select Advanced
- Next to RSS feed, copy the URL. Your Anchor RSS URL will be in this format: https://anchor.fm/s/_______/podcast/rss
- Paste your existing Anchor RSS URL into the field and select Validate RSS Feed. The validation process will automatically validate the feed, show details, title(s), and artwork.
Q: How do I change the email address in my Anchor RSS Feed so I can receive the confirmation email sent by Simplecast when Importing my Show from Anchor?:
To change your email address in your Anchor RSS Feed, follow the instructions from this Anchor Help Article (click to view)
Q: What else can I do with Simplecast once I've imported my podcast?
Here are a few next steps to start using your new tools:
- Create and publish new episodes
- Share your podcast episodes on social media with our embeddable episode player
- Check out the new Recast tool!
* * *
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them. You can chat with someone from our team by clicking/tapping on the chat icon down there on the right.