How to Distribute Your Show Onto the Major Podcast Directories & Apps
Getting your podcast into the popular podcast directories and apps is easy and free! Here are the required steps:
- Setup your podcast on Simplecast.
- Publish at least one episode.
- Submit your show's RSS feed URL to the podcast directories (a one-time process, most people start by submitting their show feed to Apple Podcasts through Apple's Podcasts Connect website).
- Get approved and listed in each directory, and people all around the world will be able to find and listen to your show!
How It Works
The podcast directories and apps will monitor the RSS feed that Simplecast provides and updates for your show, after you submit your show's RSS feed URL to those directories.
Whenever you publish a new episode in your Simplecast account, the directory or app will see that a new episode, display it and notify anyone who has subscribed to your show that a new episode is available for download or streaming.
Before you submit your show's feed URL for review and approval, make sure to:
- Fill out all the information about your podcast inside the Show Settings page of your Simplecast dashboard
- Have at least one published episode for your show
Most Popular Podcast Directories to Submit Your Show To:
Here are the most popular podcast directories/apps to submit a new podcast RSS feed to.
💡 We've also included instructions about how to change which RSS feed URL the podcast directories are checking (when you move your show from another host over to Simplecast, for example).
- Apple Podcasts - To submit a new show, click here. If your show is already in Apple Podcasts and you'd like them to use a new RSS feed for your show, copy your new RSS feed URL and log in to Podcasts Connect. Click on the podcast you'd like to update, then enter in your new RSS feed URL.
- Google Podcasts - If you're using Simplecast, Google will find and list your podcast automatically within a few business days! Click here for more information.
- Spotify - To submit your show to Spotify, log into their Spotify for Podcasters website. We recommend creating a new Spotify account for your podcast versus linking it to a personal account. If you need to update which RSS feed URL Spotify is checking for your show, you'll be able to change that in the Spotify for Podcasters site.
- Radio.com - To submit your show/RSS Feed to Radio.com, click here.
- Stitcher - To submit a new show to Stitcher, you'll need to sign up for a Content Providers account (it's free). If you need to update the RSS feed on Stitcher, log in to the Stitcher Partner Portal, click on 'Edit Show Info', paste in the new RSS Feed and click 'Submit'.
- TuneIn - To add a brand new show, click here. To update an existing RSS feed, fill out their Submit Your Podcast form, enter your program ID in the "Comment" field, and the TuneIn support team will update it accordingly. Click here for instructions on how to find your program ID.
- iHeart Radio - Use this form to submit your show(s) to iHeart Radio. To update your podcast that is already on iHeartRadio, use this form.
- Deezer - To submit your show to Deezer, click here.
- Pandora - Complete Pandora's intake form here.
- Pocket Casts- To submit your show to Pocket Casts, click here.
RadioPublic - Submit your show by following the steps here.
⚠️Note: Podcasts on Radio.com are currently only available in the United States.
- Google Play Music - To submit a new podcast, click here and click the 'Publish' button. To update your existing podcast's RSS feed, you'll need to log in using the link above, click on the settings icon, select Help & Support, and email support.
- Overcast - Overcast can find your RSS feed automatically as long as it's in Apple Podcasts (there are a few other podcast apps that use Apple's podcast directory as well).
Podcast Submission FAQ
Q: How do I find my Simplecast RSS Feed URL?
A: You can find your show's RSS feed URL in your Show Distribution page.
Q: Can I submit my show's RSS feed to SoundCloud?
A: SoundCloud is a hosting platform that does not pull information about episodes from an RSS feed the same way that the other podcast directories do. If you find value in publishing on SoundCloud, you'll need to manage a hosting account with them and upload new episodes there manually.
Q: Can I submit my podcast feed to my own website (WordPress, Squarespace, or a different CMS/platform)?
A: Websites do not operate like podcast directories, and most will not list your episodes and episodes notes as blog posts using an RSS feed. However our embeddable audio players make it easy to share your episodes on your own website.
Q: How long will it take to get my podcast to be approved and listed in Apple Podcasts and other podcast directories/apps?
A: Approval times vary for every directory. Please review their documentation or contact the podcast directory's support team for more information on approval time-frames. We would love to help speed up the process but we do not have that access. It's completely in the control of the directories.
Q: Will I have to re-submit my podcast feed every time I publish a new episode?
A: No: You won't ever need to re-submit your feed. Once your show's feed is approved by the podcast directories, they'll automatically get any updates or new episodes that you publish in your Simplecast dashboard. That includes any edits/updates you make to the show or episode details (audio files too).
Q: Can I publish my episodes on YouTube?
A: There isn't currently a way to automatically publish episodes to YouTube (they don't use RSS feeds), but we're working on something to make publishing to YouTube possible. Stay tuned for more info.
• • •
Finished submitting your show feed to the podcast directories? Here are some other helpful articles to check out:
- How to Build a Perfect Podcast Website
- Need help with your show? Invite Team Members.
- How To Source Episode Content So You're Not Burned Out By Episode Ten
- How to Share and Embed Your Podcast Episodes
- 6 Free Ways to Grow Your Podcast Audience
Need help starting your podcast? Check out Absolutely Everything You Need To Start Your Podcast.
Still have questions? We'd be happy to answer them! You can start a live chat with someone from our support team by clicking on the chat icon down there on the bottom-right side of your screen.