Question: Will I lose my subscribers if I move my show from my current podcast hosting company to Simplecast?
Answer: You will not lose your subscribers if you create a 301 Redirect at your old hosting company. The 301 Redirect will permanently redirect your subscribers from your old RSS Feed to your new Simplecast RSS Feed. The 301 Redirect will also update the podcast directories and apps with your new Simplecast RSS Feed.
Moving Your Show To Simplecast
Simplecast makes it incredibly easy to import your current podcast (including your media files) directly into our system using only your show's current RSS feed. The import process makes a copy of your show and does not change the original feed or files, so you won't lose any subscribers during the import process.
You will need to create a 301 direct on your old RSS URL. This will ensure podcast directories are using the new feed and you don't lose your current subscribers.
Most hosting services make it easy to add this redirect, though sometimes you need to send an email or fill out a form.
Which podcast directories do I need to update?
The 301 Redirect will update many of the directories with your new feed, but for extra measure and to speed up the redirect process, you can manually update your RSS feed URL for the following podcast directories:
- Apple Podcasts
- Stitcher - If you need to update the RSS feed on Stitcher, log in to the Stitcher Partner Portal, click on 'Edit Show Info', paste in the new RSS Feed and click 'Submit'.
- Google Podcasts will update automatically within a few business days, but you can speed up the process by submitting your new show feed URL to https://pubsubhubbub.appspot.com/publish.
- Google Play Music - To update your existing podcast's RSS feed, you'll need to log in using the link above, click on the settings icon, select Help & Support, and email support.
We have a full list of the major podcast directories, and instructions for how to submit a show feed or update which feed URL they're checking here: How to Publish Your Podcast on the Popular Podcast Apps,
- What Is An RSS Feed and Why Do I Need One for My Podcast?
- How do I find my Simplecast RSS Feed URL?
- How to Move Your Show to Simplecast
- * *
Still have questions or concerns? Our support team is happy to help. You can start a conversation by clicking the chat icon.